Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
D. Dows and M. Heart - Coronary Artery Disease
Weeks 3-4 - July 8, July 11
Boards and Beyond - Supplementary
List of Boards and Beyond Videos along with length
Boards and Beyond does not allow direct linking to specific videos. Links will go to the topic page where you can scroll to the video.
This Week: 1 hour 54 minutes
Sub-Category 02: Cardiac Ischemia - 1 hour 28 minutes
- Atherosclerosis - 17 min
- Cardiac Ischemia - 31 min
- STEMI - 13 min
- Unstable Angina/NSTEMI - 8 min
- Stable Angina - 21 min
Sub-Category 01: Hemostasis
- Platelet Activation - 13 min
- Antiplatelet Drugs - 13 min
Supplementary Harrison's Pathophysiology Videos
Short animations from Harrison's
Total Time: 5 min 40 sec
Objectives - Case 4 - Dows and Heart
Patient #1: Dan Dows:
- Describe the pathophysiology and clinical manifestations of cardiac ischemia.
- Distinguish the gender specific differences in the clinical presentation of angina.
- Discuss and understand the differential diagnoses of stable versus unstable angina.
- Students will be able to diagram and critique the circulatory system.
- Compare and contrast the regulation of cardiac output and respiration.
Patient #1: Megan Heart:
- Describe the pathophysiology of different Acute Coronary Syndrome presentations.
- Explain and describe the clinical presentation and early management of STEMI patients.
- Understand the role of coronary angiography and early interventions in the management of STEMI.
- Describe the pharmacology of medications used for management of acute coronary syndromes.
- Describe post-MI complications including arrhythmias and mechanical complications.