Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
D. Dows and M. Heart
Weeks 2 & 3 - July 2-5
Boards and Beyond - Required
List of Boards and Beyond Videos along with length
Boards and Beyond does not allow direct linking to specific videos. Links will go to the topic page where you can scroll to the video.
This Week: 1 hour 54 minutes
Sub-Category 02: Cardiac Ischemia - 1 hour 28 minutes
- Atherosclerosis - 17 min
- Cardiac Ischemia - 31 min
- STEMI - 13 min
- Unstable Angina/NSTEMI - 8 min
- Stable Angina - 21 min
Sub-Category 01: Hemostasis
- Platelet Activation - 13 min
- Antiplatelet Drugs - 13 min
Supplementary Harrison's Pathophysiology Videos
Short animations from Harrison's
Total Time: 5 min 40 sec
CAD, Cardiac Ischemia, Unstable Angina, Stable Angina, and ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction (STEMI)
|Coronary Artery Disease
- Explain the pathophsyiology of stable coronary arterty disease.
- List the risk factors for development of coronary artery disease.
- Describe the mechanism of injury to the arterial endothelium which represents a primary event in atherogenesis.
- Describe the cholesterol homeostasis and reverse cholesterol transport.
- Utilize the proper testing(s) for diagnosis of coronary artery disease.
- Calculate sensitivity and specificity, positive predictive value (PPV), and negative predictive value (NPV) of testing used for diagnosis.
- Apply sensitivity and specificity, PPV and NPV of testing in coronary artery disease evaluation.
- Recognize the ischemic cascade and its relation to diagnostic testings.
- Select treatment of stable coronary artery disease, medical treatment and revascularization (percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) or surgical).
|Acute Coronary Artery Syndrome
- Review the pathophysiology of the acute coronary syndromes
- Manage the patient presenting with acute coronary syndrome, diagnosis and initial therapy.
- Review the different causes of elevated troponin.
- Select the definitive therapy for acute coronary syndromes [percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), thrombolytic therapy, etc.]
- Recognize the complications of acute myocardial infarction.
- Describe the pathophysiology and clinical manifestations of cardiac ischemia.
- Describe the types and gender specific differences in the clinical presentations of angina.
- Describe the pathology of stable versus unstable angina.
- Discuss the differential diagnoses of stable versus unstable angina.
- Describe the clinical presentation of a STEMI.
- Differentiate between between STEMI vs NSTEMI vs stable CAD in terms of pathophysiology.
- Describe the mechanical complications of MI.
- Select pharmacological treatments and understand the mechanisms, side effects and interactions between drugs (if any).