Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Johnson & Vail
Week 9 - August 16-20
Note: No case in Week 10 - Course themes and self-directed study
FINAL - August 27
Boards and Beyond - Required
List of Boards and Beyond Videos along with length
Boards and Beyond does not allow direct linking to specific videos. Links will go to the topic page where you can scroll to the video.
This Week: 3 hours 30 minutes
Sub-Category 03: Other Pulmonary Topics
- Pneumonia - 26 min
- Tuberculosis - 27 min
Sub-Category 02: Bacteria
Sub-Category 03: Antibiotics - 1 hour 31 minutes
- Penicillins - 23 min
- Beta Lactams - 18 min
- Sulfonamides - 15 min
- Protein Synthesis Inhibitors - 21 min
- Other Antibiotics - 16 min
Sub-Category 04: Fungi
- Fungal Pneumonias - 17nmin
- Antifungal Drugs - 15 min
Sub-Category 02: Clinical Immunology
- Hypersensitivity - 22 min
Pneumonia/TB, Staff, Fungal and Gram negative rod (GNR) infections
- Identify viral pathogens associated with human respiratory diseases
- Describe immunologic consequences of influenza viral infections.
- Outline a differential diagnosis of bacterial pneumonias.
- Describe the presentation, microbiology, diagnosis, and treatment of TB.
- Describe the presentation, microbiology, diagnosis, and treatment of pulmonary fungal infections.
- Differentiate clinical features of viral, bacterial, mycobacterial, and fungal pneumonias in terms of:
- Describe the physiologic consequences of pneumonia on gas exchange and minute ventilation.
- List organisms commonly associated with community acquired pneumonia
- Describe host defense mechanisms involved in protection against acquiring pneumonia.
- Differentiate cellular and humoral mechanisms of immune defense.