Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Z. L. Neelsen
Week 9 - August 17 - 21
Note: No case in Week 10 - Course themes and self-directed study
FINAL - August 28
Boards and Beyond - Required
List of Boards and Beyond Videos along with length
Note: If you are logged into Board and Beyond, these links should go directly to the video.
This Week: 230 minutes
Pneumonia/TB, Staff, Fungal and Gram negative rod (GNR) infections
- Identify viral pathogens associated with human respiratory diseases
- Describe immunologic consequences of influenza viral infections.
- Outline a differential diagnosis of bacterial pneumonias.
- Describe the presentation, microbiology, diagnosis, and treatment of TB.
- Describe the presentation, microbiology, diagnosis, and treatment of pulmonary fungal infections.
- Differentiate clinical features of viral, bacterial, mycobacterial, and fungal pneumonias in terms of:
- Describe the physiologic consequences of pneumonia on gas exchange and minute ventilation.
- List organisms commonly associated with community acquired pneumonia
- Describe host defense mechanisms involved in protection against acquiring pneumonia.
- Differentiate cellular and humoral mechanisms of immune defense.