Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
L. Brown and M. Kilgore
Week 8 - August 10-14
Boards and Beyond
List of Boards and Beyond Videos along with length
Note: If you are logged into Board and Beyond, these links should go directly to the video.
This Week: 24 minutes
Articles - Newly Added!
Note: These articles were also listed on Case 2
Pregnancy, Asthma, Peripartum Cardiomyopathy, and Pericarditis
|Pregnancy, Asthma and Peripartum Cardiomyopathy (PPCM):
- List considerations for asthma management in pregnancy.
- Describe the natural history of asthma during pregnancy.
- Describe the cardiovascular accommodations during pregnancy (model with Harvi).
- Describe pulmonary functional changes during pregnancy.
- Explain the development, symptoms, and signs of post-pregnancy cardio myopathy.
- Review the pharmacology of beta-blockers, loop diuretics, hydralazine/isosorbide dinitrate, digoxin, and low-molecular weight heparin recommended during pregnancy.
- Identify the indications for a wearable cardioverter/defibrillator in LV dysfunction.
- Describe the types of pericarditis and related pathologies.
- Describe the conditions that cause: pericardial effusion, pericarditis and constrictive pericarditis.
- Compare and contrast clinical findings, clinical diagnosis and pathologies of restrictive cardiomyopathy from constrictive pericarditis.
- Discuss the pharmacological and surgical treatments that are appropriate for constrictive pericarditis.