Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
||First Time Users
What is SciFinder?
SciFinder is our web-based access to Chemical Abstracts.
Current UTMB students, faculty and staff can search SciFinder from any computer that has a properly configured web browser and that is connected to or proxied through the campus network.
- SciFinder provides access to:
- Chemical Abstracts (CAPLUS) - comprehensive indexing of chemical literature from 1907-present
- Registry - chemical structures, names, synonyms, CAS Registry Numbers, calculated and experimental properties, predicted spectra
- CASREACT - single and multi-step organic reactions, 1840-present
- SciFinder Features
- set up "Keep me posted" alerts
- combine multiple answer sets
- easier de-duping of answer sets
- save and export up to 10 previous answer sets
- faster exploring via hyperlinked index terms
- additional experimental and calculated substance data
- improved "Categorize" capabilities
- enhanced interactivity with the ACS web journals
Ask a Librarian
Reference Librarians are available Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm
(askus [at] utmb [dot] libanswers [dot] com)
Schedule an Appointment