SciFinder is our web-based access to Chemical Abstracts.
Current UTMB students, faculty and staff can search SciFinder from any computer that has a properly configured web browser and that is connected to or proxied through the campus network.
- SciFinder provides access to:
- Chemical Abstracts (CAPLUS) - comprehensive indexing of chemical literature from 1907-present
- Registry - chemical structures, names, synonyms, CAS Registry Numbers, calculated and experimental properties, predicted spectra
- CASREACT - single and multi-step organic reactions, 1840-present
- SciFinder Features
- set up "Keep me posted" alerts
- combine multiple answer sets
- easier de-duping of answer sets
- save and export up to 10 previous answer sets
- faster exploring via hyperlinked index terms
- additional experimental and calculated substance data
- improved "Categorize" capabilities
- enhanced interactivity with the ACS web journals