Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Group Study Room Policies
- Group Study Rooms are for UTMB students only and are intended for collaborative group study.
- Students may reserve Group Study Rooms online in 1 hour blocks for up to 4 hours per day during times the Library is open.
- Groups are 2 or more people. Study rooms can hold a maximum of 6 students.
- At least 2 students should be in the room for the majority of the checkout period
- Groups that are 15 minutes late will forfeit the reservation.
- If at least 2 members of the group do not arrive within 15 minutes of the reservation, the reservation is forfeited and the room reverts to first-come, first serve usage until the next scheduled reservation.
- Please follow the instructions in the confirmation email to cancel unneeded reservations.
- Rooms should not be left unattended for more than 30 minutes. Unattended rooms will be made available to other groups.
- Be aware that rooms are located in the Quiet Floor but are not soundproof.
- Please respect others in the Library by keeping the noise down, the door shut, and cleaning up before leaving.
- Building Use policies apply in the Group Study Rooms.
- The library reserves the right to refuse to reserve a room for any group or individual who abuses the facilities or policies.
- Go directly to the group study room at the appointed time. Rooms are unlocked.
- When not reserved, Group Study Rooms are available on a walk-up basis to UTMB students for collaborative group study. Walk up groups take precedence over individuals.
- Walk up groups are encouraged to reserve open rooms to secure their use of the space.
- If there are others in the room when you arrive, your reservation takes precedence. Your confirmation message will be useful in situations such as this. You may ask the people to leave or ask for help at the Information Desk on the second floor.
Security of personal items: Students using the library study rooms are cautioned not to leave personal items unattended in the study rooms or anywhere else in the library. The library is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Unattended items will be turned into Lost and Found (UTMB Police, Rebecca Sealy 2.728).