Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Obtain Articles Not Available Online
- The Library can make copies or scans of items we own.
- The Library can get copies of items NOT available in our Library by borrowing from libraries throughout the U.S. There is no charge for this service.
- Request It is the request system for borrowing from other libraries or asking for scanned copies of items we own.
- Use your UTMB email username/password to log in to Request It.
- When an item you requested is available, you will receive an email with a URL and password to access the PDF of the requested article.
- Delivered articles remain in your Request It account for 30 days. If you will need access to your article after 30 days, be sure to save it elsewhere.
- Books and items that cannot be delivered electronically will be held at the Information Desk on the 2nd floor of the Library. You should receive an email notice when the requested material is ready for pick up.
How to Request Articles via Request It
From the Find It@UTMB Button
- Click on the Request It link.
- Log in with your UTMB email username and password.
- The form is completed for you, except for the last two questions.
- Answer the last two questions and click the Submit button.
From Request It
- Log in to Request It with your UTMB email username and password.
- For Articles, click New Document Request under the Request drop-down menu.
For Books, click New Book Request or New Book Chapter Request under the Request drop-down menu.
- Complete the form. Required information is designated in red.
- Click the Submit button.
Ask a Librarian
Reference Librarians are available Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm
(askus [at] utmb [dot] libanswers [dot] com)
Schedule an Appointment