The Library recognizes that many of our alumni wish to continue using the Library's collections and resources after graduation. Alumni are welcome to use the Library's print and electronic resources on-site; however, our licensing agreements with publishers specify that off-campus access to electronic resources must be limited to current UTMB students, staff, and faculty.
UTMB alumni may:
- Access Library computers to utilize electronic resources. Please see the staff at the Information Desk on the 2nd floor to obtain computer access.
- Use our "Ask a Librarian" service for assistance.
- Search the Moody Medical Library's collections.
- Obtain a TexShare card from a Texas public or university library where they have privileges. The TexShare card may then be used to check out print materials from Moody Medical Library (see our lending policy).
- The TexShare Library Card Program is a reciprocal borrowing program coordinated by the Texas State Library. The patrons of participating Texas public libraries and the students, faculty, and staff of participating Texas colleges and universities are eligible for this program, which provides access to materials in many Texas libraries.
For your convenience, a number of freely accessible databases and open access electronic journals are listed on this page.