The Library's Carruth Room on the 2nd floor (Rm. 230), has 10 PCs with the STS program and include a special pulse box and heart sound box to be used with your own stethoscope.
You can use the STS program in this room whenever it is open. The room is frequently booked for testing and teaching during the day. Please check at the Information Desk on the 2nd floor of the Library about room availability.
Ask for CDs at the Information Desk on the 2nd floor (These may be checked out for personal use.)
- Heart Sounds: Basic cardiac auscultation (companion to Bates Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking) - Call # WB 205 B329g 2003
- Auscultation Skills: Breath and heart sounds - Call # WG 141.5 A9 A932 2006 (2 discs)
- Nursing know-how: Evaluating heart and breath sounds - Call # WY 49 N97495 2009
- 3M Littmann Stethoscopes Study Guide - Call # WG 141.5 A9 T531c 2006
- 3M Littmann Stethoscopes Introduction to Heart Sounds - Call # WG 141.5 A9 T531i 2006
The PCs on the Library's 2nd floor have Heart and Breath Sounds files loaded for your use.
In the POM folder on the Desktop:
- Folder name: Cardioncs - STS - contains
- Cardionics - STS - Lesson 1
- Cardionics - STS - Lesson 2
- Cardionics - STS - Lesson 3
- Cardionics - STS - Lesson 4
- Cardionics - STS - Review
- Learning Lung Sounds (must click to enable Flash before beginning)