Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Connect to Articles While Searching Library Databases (CINAHL, Medline, etc.)
Find It@UTMB icons appear in the search results of all Library databases. This icon helps connect you to electronic articles subscribed to by the Library.
After you click on Find It@UTMB, the article may open automatically. If it does not, you will get a window with a Request It option. Use your UTMB username and password to log in.
- "Request It" = allows you to request articles the Library does not own or to request scanned copies from the Library's print collection
Note: Always connect to databases (CINAHL, Medline, PubMed, etc.) from the Library's home page to ensure that the Find It@UTMB button is available.
Connect to Articles from a Known Reference
If you have an article citation in hand, there are two ways you can check to see if the Library has access to the article you need:
- Type the article title in the Search Everything search box on the Library's home page.
- Find the needed article on the results page, and click on the article title OR Available Online to see if the Library has access to the article.
PubMed Single Citation Matcher
- Fill out the Single Citation Matcher form with the known information. (Note: Not all fields need to be filled in; you can put as little information as necessary to find the article you need.)
- Find the needed article on the results page and click on it.
- Click on the Find It@UTMB icon to see if the Library has access to the article.
Journal Title Browse
- Connect to the Library's home page.
- Click on the Search Journals tab.
- Type the journal title in the search box.
- In the results, click on the link to connect to the journal.
Note: Library Building indicates the print copy on the shelf in the Library
- Once connected to the journal, look for navigation to browse to the correct year/volume, issue, and page number of the desired reference.
Note: If the Library does not have the article you need, request it via Request It.
Connect to Articles Using Search Everything
- Search Everything performs a “Google-style” search across the Library’s journals, books, and more.
- Search Everything allows you to search a variety of ways (article/book/journal/chapter title, ISBN, ISSN, author name, etc.).
- Performing one search can return results in a variety of formats (books, journal articles, newspaper articles, conference proceedings, etc.).
- Use the facets on the left to narrow your search results by resource type, subject, publication date, language, etc.
- In the results, depending on the format, click on the call number, Available Online link, or the Download PDF link.
- While Search Everything includes many resources, keep in mind that it does not include everything the Library subscribes to. Use the Search Journals tab on the Library’s home page to search by journal title when in doubt.
Ask a Librarian
Reference Librarians are available Monday-Friday, 8am - 5pm
(askus [at] utmb [dot] libanswers [dot] com)
Schedule an Appointment